Many people wonder why a person becomes a dentist. For me, my interests and the encouragement of several people led me to where I am today. As a child, I enjoyed assembling plastic car models and liked science. In high school, I had the chance to work for my orthodontist one summer by cleaning up the office in the evenings. I saw how a dental specialist office functioned well with a teamwork approach. I also experienced firsthand how the doctor was able to help people improve their smiles and self-confidence.
During college summer breaks from the University of Oregon, I performed research at the Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry, where I ultimately earned my Doctorate of Dental Medicine. I was determined to become a dentist because helping people stay healthy and working on small, intricate projects blended my passions best!
My wonderful wife Jennifer and I have two sons and make Bainbridge Island our home. I enjoy spending time outdoors with my family and staying physically active.
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Washington State Dental Association
- Kitsap County Dental Society
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Christian Medical and Dental Association
- Smilemobile volunteer dentist 2018
- Volunteer and contract dentist for Volunteers in Medicine Olympics, 2011 to 2016
- Contract dentist for US Military active reserve service members in Western Washington, 2009 to 2011
- Contract dentist for Olympic Community Action Programs in Clallam and Jefferson Counties, 2006 to 2010
- United States Navy, 1995-2004
- Awarded a Navy Achievement Medal for duty as an Assistant Dental Officer aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln aircraft carrier