Meet Dr. Lance Wicklund
Many people wonder why a person becomes a dentist. For Dr. Wicklund, his interests and the encouragement of several people led him to where he is today. As a child, he enjoyed assembling plastic car models and he liked science. In high school, he had the chance to work for his orthodontist cleaning up the office. He saw how a dental specialist office functioned well with a teamwork approach. He also experienced first hand how the doctor was able to help people improve their smiles and self confidence.
During college summer breaks at the University of Oregon, Dr. Wicklund was able to perform research at the Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry, where he ultimately attained his Doctorate of Dental Medicine. He was set on becoming a dentist because helping people stay healthy and working on small, intricate projects blended his passions best!
Dr. Wicklund and his wonderful wife Jennifer have two sons and make Bainbridge Island their home. He enjoys time outdoors with his family and staying physically active.
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Washington State Dental Association
- Kitsap County Dental Society
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Christian Medical and Dental Association
- Volunteer and contract dentist for Volunteers in Medicine Olympics, 2011 to 2016
- Contract dentist for US Military active reserve service members in Western Washington, 2009 to 2011
- Contract dentist for Olympic Community Action Programs in Clallam and Jefferson Counties, 2006 to 2010
- United States Navy, 1995-2004
- Awarded a Navy Achievement Medal for duty as an Assistant Dental Officer aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln Aircraft Carrier